Fulfilling the Language Requirement
To fulfill the WCAS Language Requirement in Italian or study Italian for the first time, please follow the instructions below.
If you have never studied Italian, simply register for Italian 101 or Italian 133/134 (Intensive Italian).
Interview/Validation of Proficiency Test
Italian oral interviews (that validate the online placement test) will take place via Zoom on:
- Monday, August 31 from 1 to 3 pm
- Tuesday, September 1st from 11 am to 1pm
Students may reserve their spot at:
- a score of 5 on the Advanced Placement Italian Exam, Congratulazioni! You have satisfied the WCAS Language Proficiency Requirement in Italian. To continue your studies in Italian, you may take any 200-level course and most 300-level courses. Please contact Paola Nasti, Director of Undergraduate Studies in Italian, for advice on choosing an Italian Minor or Major.
- a score of 4 on the APl Exam: Congratulazioni! You have satisfied the WCAS Language Proficiency Requirement in Italian. To continue your studies, you may take any 200-level course. Please contact Paola Morgavi for information.
- a score of 3 on the AP Exam: Bravo! Welcome to the Italian Program. You must take the online Italian Placement test. Your score on the test, followed by a brief oral interview, will determine your placement.